Friday, March 19, 2010

... Repomen ...

Movie Review

Movie: Repomen
Rating: 4 stars out of 5 stars

First off, let me say if you have a weak stomach as far as seeing blood and guts, this movie is NOT for you. Warning you just in case you didn't figure that out from the previews. In all honesty, I don't have a weak stomach, but I'm not all for the blood and guts, but I will say that this movie was totally awesome. Jude Law always gets a reputation for playing in these sappy love movies of being the lover madly in love with some gorgeous female. Well, he still manages to squeak that into this movie, but I really liked how he plays the bad ass in the beginning of the movie. Who knew that Jude Law could play such a cruel character in a movie. Definite kudos to him for that! Of course though, I will tell you there is a female involved that he is in love with and is trying to save. Does he save her? Is she real or a fiction of his imagination? Well, I guess you will have to go see the movie for yourself to find out! The ending is definitely interesting. Who would have guessed?

This is definitely a movie I would qualify as being worth paying to go see. At first I didn't think the trailer did the movie much justice as I lost interest in seeing the movie, but I really like how it doesn't give a lot of the movie away. That's the way trailers should be! I think that all our minds have gone numb at times and so trailers have been set to tell you what the movie is going to be all about point blank. But then again a movie ticket on Friday and Saturday costs $10, so I can understand wanting to know what you are buying into first. I remember when movies were $6 in high school. But hey! I'm all for the $5 movies during the week or on Sunday at AMC. Want to go?! Call me!

Next pre-screening is The Last Song. I can already tell you it's based off of a Nicholas Sparks book, which in turn I bet that the male lover of the movie will die at the end of the movie. Nicholas Sparks you are WAY too predictable. Write something with a different ending! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment